As a proud Thai, I love sharing stories about my country's culture and food. In this blog post, I want to take you on an exciting culinary journey that brings out the best flavors of Thailand. You might have tried Pad Thai or Tom Yum Soup before, but I am about to introduce you to something new and exciting – Thai Pork Toast.
The perfect snack for any time of day, Thai Pork Toast is a must-try for all foodies visiting Thailand. This delicious snack comes with a unique taste that will make your taste buds dance for joy. Thai Pork Toast is usually crispy on the outside, while the insides are super soft and flavorful.
Traditionally, the snack is served with sweet chili sauce, which makes every bite more delicious than the last. The combination of sweetness and spiciness is a match made in heaven, making it an excellent choice for those who love trying new and exciting things.
One of the best things about Thai Pork Toast is its versatility. You can enjoy it as a quick bite during your lunch break or as an accompaniment to your evening drinks. No matter how you consume it, Thai Pork Toast is guaranteed to make your day a whole lot better. Join me as we delve deeper into the flavors of Thai Pork Toast in this ultimate guide.
Ingredients for Thai Pork Toast
Are you ready to experience a mouth-watering delight that will transport your taste buds straight to Thailand? Look no further than Thai Pork Toast, a delicious dish that combines the perfect amount of savory pork filling with crispy toasted bread.
To make this tempting dish, you'll first need to gather the following ingredients:
- 8 slices of white bread (crusts removed)
- 250g minced pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How to Make the Pork Filling
- In a medium bowl, mix the minced pork, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, corn flour, and white pepper until well combined.
- Add the garlic and coriander leaves to the pork mixture and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Spread one portion of the pork mixture onto a slice of bread.
- Repeat with the remaining bread and pork mixture.
How to Assemble and Cook the Toast
- Cut each slice of bread into 4 equal triangles.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the frying pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the bread triangles to the pan, pork side down.
- Fry for 3 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and the bread is crispy and golden brown.
- Flip the triangles over and fry for another minute on the other side.
- Remove from the frying pan and drain on a paper towel.
Tips for Making Perfect Thai Pork Toast
- To make sure the bread triangles are perfectly crispy, use white bread that is a bit stale or has been left out overnight.
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, add a small amount of chopped chilli peppers to the pork mixture.
- To save time, the pork filling can be prepared a day ahead and stored in the fridge until ready to use.
Variations and Substitutions
While Thai Pork Toast is already incredibly delicious, you can switch up the flavors to make the dish your own. Here are a few ideas:
- Add some shredded carrots or chopped spring onions to the pork mixture for a bit of extra crunch.
- Instead of using minced pork, you can use chicken or turkey mince for a lighter option.
- Want a vegetarian version? Use a tofu or vegetable filling instead of pork.
Thai Pork Toast is a perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion. Serve it on a platter with your favorite dipping sauce or add it to a Thai-inspired appetizer spread that includes items like spring rolls and shrimp cakes.
If you're cooking a full Thai meal, Thai Pork Toast pairs well with other dishes like Pad Thai, Pineapple Fried Rice or Tom Yum Soup.